ALL IRELAND HEALTH STUDY (2009)
Link to: www.ucd.ie/phps/research/trav.htm
· Local Traveller women were trained as peer researchers to carry out this study.
· Co-ordinated locally by the Women & Family Health Initiative.
· Some results from this study:-
ONGOING TRAVELLER PROGRAMMES 2011
PREVIOUS PROJECT WITH TRAVELLERS IN SOUTH ARMAGH
· A partnership with Meigh Pharmacy and local community pharmacist Richard Garvey with funding from Community Pharmacist Partnership, a Health Awareness Project was delivered on Killeavy Traveller Site.
· 5 Health Information Sessions and a Traveller Needs Assessment.
· Breast Cancer Awareness Session & Health Checks
· Community Health Fair. Link to: http://www.cdhn.org/
LITERACY & NUMERACY 2009
DRAMA WORKSHOPS 2009
· Patricia Downey, Artistic Director with 'Spanner in the Works Theatre Company' worked with a group of Travellers in Bessbrook Community and developed a 'drama sketch' addressing issues relevant to Travellers lives (2009)